First, you must know the secret of how to get your poultry juicy, specifically chicken. It is an ancient secret that only modern day “Smokers” know about.
The secret to your wings is brining.
1. Get your wings from the store, defrost, and chop the tips off, cut in half at the joint. Set aside. Trim any fat or anything else that looks unappealing.
2. Prepare your brine. Water+Salt+Sugar= Delish! Throw a few TBSP of each in the water, about a gallon of cold water and throw in some ice cubes to keep the Salmonella at a minimum. If you want the wings spicier than this, throw in a TBSP of Red pepper flakes. The brine will work to draw the solution into the meat.
3. Throw the wings in the fridge for a few hours. 2-4hrs to start and you can experiment.
4. Take the wings out, rinse, discard liquid. Dry the wings completely. Dry the wings! Critical for safety and taste. Set aside in uniform straight lines.
5. I like to use an enamel lined, heavy bottom pan for the frying. Get your oil heated. Lightly salt the oil. About a ½ inch of oil on the bottom of the pan. Meanwhile, take your flour and spread some flour on your wings, just a light amount enough to cover your wings, don’t drown your wings..
6. Flip and repeat.
7. Once the oil is heated, place your wings in the oil, watch out for splashing. Cook the wings to your desired doneness. I like mine crispy. Flip and repeat. Salt the wings on paper towels while still hot.
1 stick of unsalted butter slowly melted.
1 Cup OR more of Frank Hot sauce or your favorite sauce.
1. Combine the two ingredients slowly. Save half for tossing, half for dipping.
- Swap Party Tips & Recipes with Other Moms
- See 20 Hearty Game Day Appetizers
- Visit ESPN.com’s Super Bowl Central
Hearty Linebacker Meals